This one goes out to the mamas! Whether you’re a new or experienced mom, and whether you’re trying to lose those last 10 lbs or just looking for a healthier lifestyle, we can all agree that staying “fit” isn’t always the easiest.
Between the schedules, keeping sane, and trying to keep your tiny human(s) alive, it’s hard to find time to fit “exercise” into your daily routines! With these easy fitness tips, you can improve your lifestyle, health, and in the end, become the best version of yourself for your kids.
- First, you’ll want to ease into staying fit. Throwing yourself into hard workouts every day will only tire you out rather than make you feel good. Start with light workouts such as walks around the block. You can increase how many times you go around every week! Living room yoga, in-home workouts, or simply walking up and down the stairs a few times will definitely get you started on your new lifestyle!
- Work on replacing processed foods with natural, organic meals! Meal prepping is an easy way to do this. I’m not saying to completely cut out all sugar, so don’t worry, you can eat that donut because you definitely deserve it. But by cutting back rather than out, you will start to look and feel good! Even just starting out with replacing one meal a day with a more healthy meal is a good change!
One easy meal to replace with a healthy meal prep is breakfast! Making Muffin Tin Eggs are both fun and delicious for the whole family!
Here’s an easy recipe for your family to try!
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 c. red pepper (measure after chopping)
- 1 c. green pepper (measure after chopping)
- 1 c. white onion
- 2 c. spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 c. mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350
- Oil up the Muffin tin using olive oil
- Sautee veggies for 5-7 minutes, or until tender
- Mix together ingredients into a bowl
- Add even amounts of mixture to each tin
- Cook for 15-20 minutes!
*Tip: You can freeze these awesome low-calorie breakfast eggs, or keep them in your refrigerator for up to 4 days! To reheat, just pop them in the microwave until warm!
3. Get your kids involved! Set up living room yoga and do it with them! Invest in a jogging stroller for walks with your baby! You can even use your baby as lifts. There are so many ways to get those kids involved! Not just in exercise, but also in cooking! Teach them the importance of using fresh ingredients and learn how to cook cleaner, healthier meals together!
Here are some yoga moves that will be fun for both you AND your kids! Remember to practice breathing too!
The Bridge Pose: Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground! Your arms will rest flat, palms upward, alongside your body! Create a bridge by tucking your chin into your chest and lift up your buttocks and back!
Child’s Pose: Sit on your heels, slowly bring your forehead down to rest in front of your knees, rest your arms down alongside your body, AND REMEMBER TO BREATHE!
Dancer’s Pose: This one is fun because you can make a game out of the balancing! Stand up tall on one leg! Reach the opposite leg out behind you, grab onto the outside of your foot, bend your torso forward, and reach out in front of you!
4. And finally, stick to your schedule! Find what part of your day works best for working out, and stick to it as often as you can! The sooner you can make fitness a routine, the easier it’ll get every day!
Being a mom is hard work, there’s no denying that. But in order to give your kids the best version of yourself, it’s important that you FEEL GOOD about yourself. That’s something mothers always tend to overlook. With how busy they constantly are, it’s hard to find time for yourselves. These fitness tips will surely get you on the right track to feeling good and looking good! And in the end, that’s all that matters!