As a customer of a doctor home call company, you may have noticed that some companies charge a flat fee for their services. But what does that actually mean? In this blog post, we’ll explore the concept of flat fees in the house call business and what you can expect from companies like Sickday.
Understanding Flat Fees
A flat fee is a fixed price that you pay for a particular service. In the case of house call businesses, a flat fee usually covers the cost of the visit, regardless of the length or complexity of the appointment. This can be a convenient and transparent way to pay for medical services, especially if you are unsure of how much time you will need with the doctor.
What’s Included in a Flat Fee?
Each company may have a slightly different approach to flat fees, but in general, a flat fee for a house call includes the following:
- A visit from a board certified medical practitioner
- A treatment plan personalized to your needs
- Basic tests and therapies
- The ability to prescribe medications as needed
Sickday is unlike other services where the basic fee “advertised” just covers the visit itself. Any tests or prescriptions needed cost extra. So a “low cost” visit may actually end up costing 5x times than you thought.
Benefits of Flat Fees
Flat fees can offer a number of benefits to patients, including:
- Transparency: You know exactly how much you will be charged for the visit, regardless of how much time you spend with the doctor.
- Convenience: You don’t have to worry about insurance coverage or negotiating prices with the doctor.
- Predictability: You can budget for the cost of medical care more easily, since you know exactly how much it will cost.
Flat fees can be a great option for patients who want a simple, transparent way to pay for medical services. At Sickday, we believe in providing our patients with clear pricing and high-quality care. Contact us today to learn more about our flat fee options and how we can help you stay healthy and happy.